Wednesday 6 April 2016

Filming Band Performance

Today was the first day I filmed a band performance. I arranged everything and told the members of the band to meet me in a drama room after school. I had a study period last so I had time to arrange a stage and set up lights and all the music instruments that I need in the correct place. Just before the band arrived I did some test shots using the cameras to check if the lighting looks good on the camera and it did on one of the cameras which was my own personal DSLR camera ( Nikon D3300 ) and the other two cameras were the ones I borrowed from school and they were Canon D1200. I didn't like the quality of the Canon cameras so I decided to use just my one but just shoot everything a lot of times so I have a lot of different angles.

After I went home and watched the footage I realised that I don't have enough footage because most of the footage is the whole band and there were not many variety of angles. Also the lead singer was covering the drummer almost the whole time.

I wanted it to be perfect so I scheduled another date with the band to re-shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment